Monday, October 10, 2005

more cool quotes

This from my favorite author. (who isn't Mr Peterson...) Mr Adrian Plass. A quote that reminds me what I want my life to be about.

"I tried to say that there are days when I feel very worried and confused about the church- a little frightened even at times. But as we sat in the darkness of our sitting-room tonight, with that tiny light shinning in the middle of our group, I knew that in the very heart of my heart, that the church will be alright in the end. And it will be all right beacuse there will always be just a few people like Edwin around in every generation. People who when the tongues have stopped, and the prophecies have ended, and the kangaroo hopping has come to a standstill, and the religous posing and postering fools nobody anymore, will still be ready and willing to genuinely share the burdens of the little people who are close to them, committed to the staggering eternal truth that we are all one body because we all partake of one bread." (from The Sacred Diary aged 45).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home