Friday, February 02, 2007

Sigh.

Somethings that have made me smile this evening:
Talking to an old friend, in Canada now, on the phone, happy to chat and catch up and embrace the slightly surreal nature of talking to someone in the past (well only 8 hours in the past...). Informing her of my blog and then thinking about her reading it whilst I was also reading it. Despite hours between us it's kind of cool to know we can still be doing the same thing at the same time.

Also, amidst the pain of Birgitte leaving it's good to know that we too can do the same things despite the vast gap between us. Right now we're listening to the same CD that I made her before she left. That makes me smile through the slightly melancholy feel of tonight. Distance isn't what it used to be.

Oh and I like reading my blog, a bit self obsessed maybe, but it's a creative expression of me. I like that. Nothing particularly meaningful or profound, but fun. Woop. Right, bed and some more 24 to not really soothe me to sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading one's own blog can be quite cathartic - I recently read mine over. My earlier blogs are centred around the topic of tea...and the later ones around erm nature and birds and stuff. Interesting stuff...

3/2/07 5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home