Friday, September 09, 2005

For a friend...

"Finally, I want to tell you that there is a heaven. The Christian life certainly is not a playground, it is a battlefield. You will have to face the world, the flesh and the devil. I wish I could tell you that you will never struggle with temptation again. But I can't. I wish I could tell you that you will meet Miss wonderful, fall madly in love and live happily ever after. But I can't. All I can promise you is wet eyes, a broken heart and a joy that comes through walking with Jesus. But there is one thing that I want to remind you of and that is that this life with all its struggles and woes is not all. Heaven is for real. Count on it. One day we who believe in our Lord Jesus Christ will be rid of our sinful bodies and will live in a brand new world. We will be free from all sin, all frustrations, all restrictions, all limitations and corruption. One thing is certain. The moment we enter into heaven, we will know for sure that 'All the present sufferings of this present time will not be worthy to be compared with the glory that will be revealed in us' All our sufferings- physical, mental, emotional, psychological, sexual, relational and spiritual will be over forever." (Bill Bygroves)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

Man, the number of times you read me this quote in supervision last year, and it still gets me every time! Could hear your voice in my head reading it tonight - it made me cry... glad you survived the delights of Relay 1 and Forum

9/9/05 10:41 pm  
Blogger Little Mo said...

Kath - where did you get this quote?

Has Bill Bygroves written a book?

Enjoying the blog I am.

15/9/05 7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from an article he wrote in a newspaper... I've got the whole thing somewhere. Its v good!
Kath

16/9/05 12:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home