Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ashamed?

Can't believe I haven't posted this here before.

"But alas! These my golden expectations have been like the south sea dreams. I have lived hither to a poor sinner, and I believe I shall die one. Have I then gained nothing? Yes I have gained that which I once would rather have been without - such accumulated proof of the deceitfulness and desperate wickedness of my heart as I hope by the Lord's blessing has, in some measure, taught me to know what I mean when I say, 'behold I am vile!' I was ashamed of myself then, I am ashamed of myself now and I expect to most ashamed of myself when he comes to receive me to himself. But oh! I rejoice in HIM that HE is not ashamed of me!" (Some old dude such as John Newton maybe!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

That made me involuntarily clap! Brilliant. Thanks for that!

2/2/06 12:22 pm  
Blogger Kath said...

a pleasure, it makes me grin massively everytime I read it... mm Grace eh.. it rocks.

2/2/06 9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home