Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dappled and drowsy and ready for sleep

Tired and in need of going to bed, but the whistfulness of the last two lines of the Bright Eyes song gets to me. One day I'll be a writer, write a book and feel much brighter, and try to solve the problems of the world. But all I really want to do is get home in one piece. There are so many things I don't have the answers to, so many thoughts that go unsaid, so many tangled knotted lives to encounter and be. Weariness gets to me and to you. The simplicity of needing someone and wondering if we can come home is sometimes so elusive.

"Yours is the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
Now I don’t know where I am
I don’t know where I’ve been
But I know where I want to go

And so I thought I’d let you know
That these things take forever
I especially am slow
But I realize that I need you
And I wondered if I could come home"

(Bright Eyes- First day of my life)

"O love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee
That in your depths it's ocean flow
Might fuller richer be."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home