Saturday, October 06, 2007

Autumn

"When I'm in heaven
Tell me there'll be seasons when the colours fly,
Poppies splashing flame
Through dying yellow, living green
And autumn's burning sadness that has always made me cry
For things that have to end.
For winter fires that blaze like captive suns
But look so cold when the morning comes.
I love the way the seasons change." (A.Plass)

We went to a pretty national trust place today to enjoy the burning sadness of autumn's colours. Trees on fire, pottering walks and the urban singleton family making Saturday alive.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

At Orientation Reeves said we should call Autumn fall to help us remember the gospel in the seasons of life...

7/10/07 10:22 pm  
Blogger Alison Joy Bolton said...

Kath, I am so glad you are such a faithful blogger! The blogosphere has gone fairly quiet otherwise...probably due to facebook! Unless I'm just not in the right circles anymore...it's possible! Well anyway, I am back on the scene for the time being, it's nice to be back! Nice pictures by the way!

16/10/07 7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home