Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wednesday

Wednesday is a good day, it's just enough into the week to get into the routine of life, and then it's downhill all the way into the weekend, it is the summit of the week. And in my vague routine it's a quieter day of being in Brighton, preparing stuff, hanging out with other student workers to watch neighbours and drink tea. Today was a good day. Inspite of illness and tiredness the randomness and scheming ways of our God have managed to creep into the conversations, the MSN moments, the text messages and have left me aware of God through his people.

Outside the fog threatens to banish the world but inside the lights are on and God is present in the lives of us, his people. Present through our dancing conversations roaming in the wilderness from randomness to reality. (I like that sentence). In a reality that, though invisible, is very tanglible.

Once again Martyn Joesph expresses it better than I could, this meeting of souls, that as the Body meets together, God comes and does his work within us, through us and around us.

"This is us, we, you and me together we are home..
We’re a stupid man, a dreamer
Got fire in a soul
A fighting, writing, wronging
A broken God shaped hole
Stand with you in the desert
Walk with you on the path
And the truth is I'm not joking
And I hope that you won't laugh

This is us, we, you and me together we are home..
Bring on all the doubter’s
And those who know too much
To gather in the darkness
And find a common touch
Got no doubt we need justice
Got no doubt we need some faith
Got no doubt that love's a mystery
I’m holding on to the tails of her grace"
(Martyn Joesph)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonny:) said...

Let me guess, wedenesday is the farthest away from supervision so its a whole seven days untill you HAVE to see your boys again ????

8/3/06 11:07 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't beat Martyn.

9/3/06 8:14 am  
Blogger Kath said...

well believe it or not jonny, the day of the week I hate most is Tuesday, so I put the thing I love best on a Tuesday and hey presto it becomes a Good Day. Peace out man.

9/3/06 8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home