Saturday, January 07, 2006

Saturdays

Saturdays are my favorite days. For several wonderful reasons.

I get to lie in bed for a long long time.
Jonathan Ross is usually on Radio 2 for 3 hours of random chat and good music. (let down today by him still being on holiday)
I can do useful things like letter writing I've put off for ages and ages.
I can go to Asda with my housemate and buy food I don't need because I'm enticed by the shinny low prices.
I can listen to all my new Cds bought over the Christmas period.
I can read books and watch the West Wing.
I can pick my other housemate up from the station and give her nice food and wine to welcome her back to England.
I can enjoy a chilled evening introducing my housemates to Crash.

Long sigh of contentment.

Cd's on my play list from Christmas overspending:

We shall all be healed - The Mountain Goats.
Lifted or The story is in the soil, keep your ear to the ground- Bright Eyes
Fevers and Mirrors- Bright Eyes
The Best of the Smiths- The Smiths.
The Libertines- The Libertines
Funeral- Arcade Fire
29- Ryan Adams
I am a bird now- Anthony and the Johnsons

I love weekends.

3 Comments:

Blogger becci brown said...

man, i love saturdays like that...
*sigh* today im sitting trying to write an essay that is making me cry. :(

7/1/06 2:43 pm  
Blogger Kath said...

man that sucks....
treat yourself with something nice very soon. and remember that this too will pass...

7/1/06 4:56 pm  
Blogger becci brown said...

yeah and its my birthday next friday...once the essay is handed on on thursday...!!

7/1/06 6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home