Saturday, June 30, 2007

The best thing about the job...

I've always said the best thing about my job is working with Relay workers, getting to walk alongside people as they struggle with encountering Christian ministry for the first time, dealing with the joys and the sorrows of it all. It's been great to walk through the last three years with Lou, Jonny, Sam, Jess and Ceryn. It's not easy, it's not easy to get right and I'm all too aware of the times I've got it wrong. I've felt some of what it must be like to be a parent at times, and have loved seeing God transform, challenge, change, equip and work in, and through, these people.

On Thursday we ended the year well in typical English style, a picnic against the backdrop of gathering dark clouds and a strong wind. Still, it was good to ponder the highlights, to reflect on what God has been up to and the fun times we've had. It's good to know that these times mark more of a beginning than an end and that God most definitely works beyond Relay. So, I'm grateful for another year of good times, dark times, strange times and confusing times, I'm grateful for being able to be part of it all. I'm glad that God is their God and that He is into the business of completing the excellent work He starts. Next year I walk with Anna and Sarah and I'm looking forward to more of the same.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home